Saturday 18 February 2012

Green, Black & White for a change.

Good Morning!
Its Saturday so have you got your slippers on? coffee in hand?
Well while your taking it easy have a look at another of my samples from the Heartfelt Creations tv shows I did for Creative Expressions.

This one is using the elegant Autumn Swirl stamp

I stamped around the edges of the Green background card in Black Archival.
Then I stamped white chalk ink onto velum, turned it around and coloured the leaves on the reverse with Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint- I didnt want it too bright you see, I added some dots of Cosmic Shimmer pearly glue to the ends of the swirls.
I stamped my sentiment onto American Seam Binding with Archival, the spotty leaf was cut using an Autumn leaf die also from Heartfelt Creations, I then embossed it with a Mica Mask.

The wooden buttons were painted with Green Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paint, the picture doesnt show the lovely shimmer as It was taken ages ago before I got my new camera.
The ribbon, twine and wooden buttons are also Creative Expressions.
Oh, incase you were wondering, I secured the velum with the brads and used cosmic shimmer glue under the leaves so it wouldnt show through.

Thats it for today.

Im off to Burleydam Garden Centre for the opening of their new Craft Centre, its full of goodies for Cardmaking, sewing, scrapbooking, cross stitching etc...


17 comments:

  1. A really beautiful elegant card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats absolutely gorgeous Maria.. have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria,
    oh what a lovely card today. Very classy. Have fun today on your outing.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice + more twine maybe if i use it as much.... i will use it up toooo!! luv steve x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is awesome Maria. Love the use of the vellum and that stamp is gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello marina. a nice card,works well,with the parchmant work. i have a ouetion,i wouldlike to do a gate fold card,but seem to be stuck,have you ever done one befor with the nestabls. hope you enjoy your visit,your duaghter wll be pleased to. love bluebell-flowerwood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im slightly confused, you dont need dies to do a gatefold card. Are you getting stuck with measurements/score lines, or are you trying to make something more fancy???

      Delete
  7. So elegant Maria. Love the use of vellum on this one - some real inspiration their for us.
    Thanks, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Maria, love the velum curves and the pearls just finish the card beautifully:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria what a wonderful card. i do love vellum it always looks so delicate and pretty. Hope you have a fabulous day att he garden centre and find lots of new crafty stash. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Maria,why hasn't your blog come up on blogger I have missed so much,well I shan't miss anymore.love the vellum touch.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Maria...

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i was watching C&C this morning whilst ironing and wondered if I could combine parchment in my style of card making (demo on C&C was quite formal parchment making) and then this evening caught up with your blog and you are demonstrating exactly what I was thinking. This card is just so beautiful, I think it could be one of my favourites (anyway until the nest one)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, what a beautiful card and would be a good idea for combining with wedding stationery. Keep the ideas coming please.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Maria,
    A beautiful card as usual and a lovely use of the vellum.
    All the best linda

    ReplyDelete