Monday 27 February 2012

Bottle it, part 2

Good afternoon to you!
I found time to pick my bottle up yestereday and do a little more on it, here's where its up to..
I stamped the Clarity Kingfisher and Branch in Versamark, Perfect Medium is just as good. Then I heat embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Aurora powder. (Darks & Metallics set)

THE BOTTLE GETS HOT SO I DID EMBOSSING IN 4 STAGES & GAVE BOTTLE TIME TO COOL INBETWEEN, OR THERE IS A RISK OF IT SHATTERING and/or BURNING YOURSELF.

Then I coloured using Cosmic Shimmer Watercolour Paints.


It is not easy to stamp onto a bottle with curvy bits, dust with talc first to help with static and help reduce slippiness of the bottle. If you are using Versamark/Perfect Medium and you slide around and smudge your image then you can just wipe it off and start again.

Some embellishing next I think....

15 comments:

  1. just one word WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, never realised you could emboss on glass...oh someone please find me a few more hours in a day, so much I want to try and so little time to do it..x

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic can u do that with half bottle of vodka? beware HSE aint watching you. clever idea xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - so cool! Looking forward to next installment xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning you are so talented ,Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Maria that's simply stunning. Empty bottles will never be the same again......of course it will probably mean a lot of empty bottles collecting waiting for me to get around to trying this out! Sometimes I think the ideal place for a crafter to live is next door to the tip lol
    Sue H. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had no idea where you were going with this. I am really surprised with the really good result with the stamping, the watercolours are looking stunning, I am looking forward to next stage and thinking you will have a very opulent decorative piece

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maria, Wow this is stunning, what a way to use up empty bottles this one is amazing and what a fabulous idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Maria,
    boy this is starting to look good, I love that kingfisher image. This was my fathers favourite bird and I can see why, its such a stunning bird.
    All the best Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Maria, this looks fantastic, cant wait to see the next stage. xx hazel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Maria,
    wow, wow, really lovely. I just love the kingfisher stamp. You clever thing.
    lots of crafty love. Jenny L

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Maria this is amazing!!! love it xxx

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete