Thursday 23 February 2012

Bottle it!

Helloooo!
I said I wanted to show you something I was altering didnt I.
As you will probably know, I dont do much altered stuff, mixed medium etc, but I thought I should have a play.
So, as a personal sacrifice I emptied a half bottle of Scotch (mixed with pepsi) so I could use the bottle.
This is the first bit.
I cleaned off the label and pulled off the metal cuff. When it was properly dry inside I squeezed a little Cream Acrylic paint with a drop of water and swished it all around. Then I added a couple of drops of pale blue and dark blue to the inside of the neck so it would just run down slowly, give it a little shake to mix slighly with the Cream colour. Turn it upside down and leave it overnight so the excess paint runs out and the bottle dries. 
Do you want to know whats next? me too, show you soon!


11 comments:

  1. you are such a tease cant wait to see whats next, looks gorgeous so far.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever Maria, am now waiting in aticipation to see whar happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The things we have to do in the name of crafting!!
    Cant wait to see how this turns out x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love experimenting .. its what crafting is all about.. love happy accidents as well..

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOh, can't wait to see what comes next. Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maria,
    you are teasing us. Can't wait to see whats next. Something really fab I bet.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking forward to see whats next!xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks good and yes I want to see whats next.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhhhhh......!!!! (I hate expletives, don't believe in padding out my writing (don't need to as I always talk too much) but this is what I said) ooohhhhhhh...
    you're a tease and I can't wait to see what you are up to. I think it is going to be good but I have no ideas as yet?
    Hope your good. Linda

    ReplyDelete