Saturday 31 December 2011

My 2011 Highlights

So this is it then, my final blog post of 2011.
I thought I would share some highlights with you-there have been a few!!

January
I was still struggling to come to terms with losing my career the previous year due to my health.  Crafting saved my sanity without a doubt and it was nice to be on several design teams including Sassy Studio Designs, Little Claire, Hunkydory, Delicious Doodles, The Crafty Pad.

February
Barbara asked me to join the Claritystamp Design team, I thought I was dreaming!


March
I started working for Hunkydory part time,can you imagine working for your favourite papercraft company!


I also did my first workshop, talk about baptism of fire- brayering and all things inky, I had never even attended a workshop before this, but it went really well!


April
I did my first Create & Craft show, I was terrified but everybody at Create & Craft looked after me so well.


May
I entered my first card competition at Happy Stampers North West, and won!


June/July/August
Amber did the Race for Life, along with my friend/neighbour/bunny-sitter Julie and the girls.

Stevie and I went to see Judas Priest and Iron Maiden.
Apart from having to opt for seats coz of my dodgy bones, I felt 18 again!


I was in Creative Cardmaking for the first time

September
Steve made me proud when he started Grammar School, can you guess where he gets his brains from? let me know if you find out.lol


October
Steve & Amber both made winning cards for Happy Stampers 100 years of photography theme.
Amber's
 Steve's

November
I made the leap and went self employed, very scary but exciting!

December
Lots happened in December, but the very best bit was when I realised that for the past few years I have been happy to see the back of another miserable year-but this year I am smiling as I look back on this year, and absolutely beaming as I look toward 2012!!!

I would like to thank the many people who helped me achieve a huge amount this year, my family, Barbara Gray, the guys at Hunkydory and Creative Expressions for the opportunities they have given me, and of course all my FB friends & blog followers,thank you for your friendship, support & encouragement.

Signing off and sending you all my last hug of 2011
xxx

8 comments:

  1. Well Done Maria you deserve it you have worked so hard all the best for 2012 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a rollercoaster year you have had! Well done for all your achievements and may you have many more in 2012!
    Love & hugs
    Louise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful year it's been for you! And all your creations are just fabulous!
    Happy New Year.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done to you for all your well deserved success this year!! All the best for 2012 - here's a glass to a continued upward direction!! I admire your bravery as I find myself in a similar position regarding health/work as this year closes. I hope crafting keeps me sane and focused next year!! Cheers!! Hic!! N all the best to you and the bairns! X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous highlights Maria. Wishing you and your family a peaceful and healthy New Year. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maria, Well done, love your creations and your family are lovely too! have a lovely new year :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  7. *raises a glass (of water!)* Here's to all your achievements in 2011 and many many more in 2012 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of your success is well deserved. You are really amazing. I love all your projects, no wonder Barbara Gray snapped you up! Well done you!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad I found your blog x
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete